Pages

First Art Gallery Visit

16.5.2015 ; Saturday

Happy Teachers' Day to all the teachers, tutors and lecturers! Today is my first time visiting an art gallery. I was so excited as I've always wanted to visit art gallery and yes dream came true! We went with Ms Su for Media Criticism class. The exhibition is named as "LAGI-LAGI GILA-GILA". I've got to know that GILA-GILA is a national humour magazine that was first published on 1978. The exhibition showcase over 500 artworks by our local cartoonists. Hmmm sound interesting! So I went in like a curios kid and tried to understand the comics, illustrations etc. Some were really interesting and some were just too deep for me haha! I supposed every piece of artwork has its own meaning behind. It's just that I can't get it, ish I'm not deep enough hahaha. Besides, I realize something too! I found myself had a little hard time to read Malay omg it had been so long since I last read and written in Malay. I need to take some time to process in my brain to understand oh nooooooooo time to brush up maybe. Someone please speak Malay to me! On the side note, their drawing and illustrations are really nice! *respect*

Ok enough of my blah blah story. Let's take a look at some interesting pieces I found!



Ketupat! True isn't it?



Not sure if we have to be bodoh but I found "bila terlampau pandai, kita akan sesak nafas" is kinda funny! 



Yes you all, don't forget to SENYUM SELALU! :D



Yes, time for some pictures of me and friends. 
Why read comics book when you can read comics on wall? *trying to be artistic ha*



Resting on comfy chair when our mind were exhausted (or lazy).




From right to left : 
Thinking about life - Trying to understand that piece of art be like - Hmm interesting! - What? smile to camera is more important! - Don't care, peace first! 




Fun in gallery! 
Like this because Suyi is flying and I dunno why I just laugh whenever I see her in this photo HAHAHAHA.



Never expect that we'll get postcards from them after filling up a feedback form.
I have a thing for postcards! Love love love postcards!!  #happykid

That's it, end of gallery trip. We went to have lunch in Petaling Street yumm.
Hmmm I really love art but I'm not good in art. Sad.
Maybe I can turn it to appreciate arts from all the creative minds! 
Conclusion, I would still like to visit art gallery again! 

Pay a visit to LAGI-LAGI GILA GILA if you're interested! 
Admission is free!


#LagiLagiGilaGila
GALERI PETRONAS
Level 3, Suria KLCC
Tuesday - Sunday | 10am - 8pm
(Until 15 July 2015)




No comments:

Post a Comment